• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KYBoltsFan
    THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

For what it's worth (and where it got us in terms of the playoffs), Rivers was the least-sacked QB in the NFL last season and the offense led the league in passing yards and passing yards/game. I think the addition of Pouncey only increases the threat we pose. I love taking our weakness over the past few seasons and making it a strength. I love that we have some (on paper) depth on the OL.
    NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I'm hopeful that it works out, and he stays healthy.

As I said previously, I was against this signing, because of health reasons, and that's how I'd vote, if I got a vote.

Evidently, he passed the physical that was thrown at him. Dolphins fans were not happy with him last year, even though he played 16 games.

I'm not "down on Pouncey", I hope he works out. But I am worried.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        BlazingBolt commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I don't like all the "if he is healthy" comments in this thread. This sounds like a move that could pay off but with questions around it.
    • SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Min the below article Lynn even says "The days of the one-dimensional pocket-passing quarterback in the NFL are over,"

Anthony Lynn has coached on teams led by Tyrod Taylor, Geno Smith, Michael Vick and Tim Tebow. If our coach gets his way we get the QB of the future and he gets to fix the holes in his mechanics for 2 years and then starts the year the Chargers open the new stadium.

It makes too too much sense. I personally want a big my but hey at least we could get some designed plays that would be fun.
      Lynn already has Cardale Jones as QB insurance.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
        For what it's worth (and where it got us in terms of the playoffs), Rivers was the least-sacked QB in the NFL last season and the offense led the league in passing yards and passing yards/game. I think the addition of Pouncey only increases the threat we pose. I love taking our weakness over the past few seasons and making it a strength. I love that we have some (on paper) depth on the OL.
        Rivers helped out greatly.

Comment

• richpjr
          richpjr commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes he did. Give him even some moderate help on the oline and he can lead us deep into the playoffs.
      • whookimane
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I wasnt thrilled about the pouncey rumor but now seeing the terms of the deal I like it. I assumed he would get bigger money on name alone but at 7.5 million a year compared to what others are getting I like that value. Hayward extension was tremendous value as well. I like what TT has been doing

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

The pressure up the middle was what gave us the most trouble to Rivers. Pouncy should make a huge difference on protection and in the run game where we struggled up the middle.

the key will be Lamp coming in and not playing like a rookie. I know he looked good in camp but now he hasnt played a game in 15 months and is coming off major surgery.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

....and playing a new position.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
              Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
              • Jun 2013
              • Palm Springs
              • I know nothing
              • Send PM

What a signing. Slight risk, with a major reward. I lean the latter. Why? He played 97% of the snaps in 2017. Dolphins fans are quick to point out how he never practiced. Allen Iverson would like a...

Last edited by Sgt Schultz; 03-20-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                Not a very well thought out scale if it doesn't really discriminate between players. All the guys that have a 97 or so have basically the same grade. But anyone who watches Alex Mack and Kilgore play can see a big difference. Kilgore is a pretty boarderline player and Alex Mack, while having an off season, is still a pretty good player. This is just another of PFF poorly executed, meaningless stats.

• bonehead
                bonehead commented
                Editing a comment
                Well they got Pulleys grade right
            • Sgt Schultz
              Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
              • Jun 2013
              • Palm Springs
              • I know nothing
              • Send PM

Oops
              Last edited by Sgt Schultz; 03-20-2018, 06:03 PM. Reason: In post above

Comment

• BoltBacker
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Las Vegas, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

The chargers will not draft Lamar Jackson with there first pick. But I can see them taking a QB in the second round.
                OH OH We take him in the first for sure now.

Comment

Working...
                X